Add FTP users
Additional FTP users can upload and manage files in your hosting account.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- From the Settings section, click FTP Users.
- Click Add.
- Enter the Username for the new FTP account.
- Select the Access level for this FTP user. This limits the new user's access to directories in your hosting account. You can limit access to a specific folder, or allow access to all folders.
- Create and confirm the Password for the new FTP account.
- Click OK.
All of our Linux shared hosting plans and Windows hosting plans running IIS 7 let you create up to 50 additional FTP accounts. Once you create an FTP user, it should be available to use within 10 minutes.
To find product information, please see our hosting page.