Add HTML or custom code to my site
Note: Embedding code can affect how your entire site functions, so use this only if you're comfortable hand coding. See Code guidelines and limitations below.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open GoCentral. (Need help opening your product?)
- Click Edit/Edit Site.
- Click the green plus to add a section to a page.
- Scroll to bottom of the Add Section panel and click Show More.
- Click the HTML pane.
- Click a layout in the HTML panel and you'll see a Section Added confirmation.
- Click the HTML panel to begin customizing its settings.
- Enter a name in the Section Title field.
- Enter or paste the code you want to use in the Custom Code field. In the example, we've added HTML for a TripAdvisor widget.
- You can leave the Forced Height field blank or adjust the pixel height to larger or smaller. (Smaller will create a scrollable box for the item.)
- When you're finished, click the or Done at the top of the HTML panel and your main window displays the results.
- Your changes are saved automatically so when you're finished, click Preview to see the results.
- When you're done, click Publish Site (mobile phone) or Publish (desktop/tablet).
Note: If you change your mind later on, re-open the HTML panel and click Remove Section at the bottom.
- Add blog feed to my website
- Add restaurant reservation with OpenTable
- Code guidelines and limitations
- Use HTTPS instead of HTTP. (Support for HTTP is not guaranteed.)
- When a embedding link, set its target attribute to "_blank" so it opens a new tab or window.
- When embedding plain text or a URL, wrap it in HTML tags.
- The responsiveness of the HTML widget depends on the code being embedded. Since the embed is placed inside of an iframe, the widget may not be responsive even if the original content is.
- For embedded content that changes height as the user interacts with it, we recommend forcing the height to a value that can accommodate these changes.
- Placing a Google AdSense snippet inside of an iframe violates Google's policy and is not supported. Instead, see Add Google AdSense to my website.
- Use the most recent version of your browser. Use Chrome for the best experience. In Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Opera Mini, the HTML preview will sometimes break when the embed changes. If this occurs, refresh the page to see your changes or switch to another browser.