Connect remotely to a MySQL database in my Linux Hosting account
Follow these steps to enable remote access to a database in your Linux Hosting account. You need to know the IP address from which you'll be accessing the database. Remote access lets you manage the database with tools like MySQL Query Browser or MySQL Workbench.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, click cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel Home page, in the Databases section, click Remote MySQL.
- Under Add Access Host, in the Host field, enter the IP address from which you want to access your databases.
- Click Add Host.
Applications that connect remotely to databases use similar settings. You can find your database's specific information using View database details for my Linux Hosting account.
|Field||What to enter...|
|Host Name or Server||Your database's host name|
|Username||The database user's username|
|Password||The database user's password|
|Database||The name of the database|