Set up a mailbox for equipment or rooms
Set up mailboxes so people in your organization can reserve resources, such as conference rooms and audio-visual equipment. Doing this lets people know the availability of these resources when scheduling a meeting.
You need to have administrator permissions to add resource mailboxes.
To set up accounts for each conference room and piece of equipment in your organization, do the following:
- Log in to the Exchange Admin Center with your Office 365 email address and password.
- In the left pane, click Recipients, and then click resources.
- Click the plus sign and then click one of the following:
- Room mailbox
- Equipment mailbox
- Click Room mailbox.
- In the new room mailbox dialog box, enter the information about the room, and click Save.
- Next, click Equipment mailbox.
- In the new equipment mailbox dialog box, enter the information about the equipment, and click Save.