Set up my Workspace email domain with a new Office 365 account
When you set up Office 365 from GoDaddy on a domain that uses Workspace email, you have to switch over service from your Workspace email account. If you're looking to switch plans, you can purchase Office 365 from GoDaddy here.
Create your email account
- Sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Manage next to the plan you want to use.
- Select the domain you want to set up email for and Continue.
- If there's already an email account setup for this domain, you'll receive an Existing Email notice. Select Continue to create a new Office 365 email account and switch your old account to the new account.
- Complete the Create New Email Account form.
Note: To share contacts and files with another domain, both domains must have an Office 365 account.
- Select Create.
- You'll get a message that your password is being updated. Select Continue. It will take a few minutes for your account to get set up.
Switch your domain's email service
Next, you'll need to activate your account and switch plans.
- Look for an email from GoDaddy inviting you to Please activate your Office 365 account. Select the Get Started button.
- In the Email & Productivity dashboard, you'll see a yellow banner informing you that your new email account can't receive mail yet. Select Let's fix this.
- On the Ready to Switch page, select Yes, Switch Now to confirm that you want to switch now.
Note: It can take up to 48 hours to switch over your email. You'll continue to receive email at your Workspace account until the switch is complete.
- Add my Office 365 email to Outlook 2016 (Windows)
- Add my Office 365 email address to Apple Mail (Mac)
- If you have trouble with Outlook after these steps, try these steps for clearing the Windows Credential Manager.